University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: NA26-01. The Belilios Reformatory, in Causeway Bay, was opened on 2 April 1900 and ceased operations in the early 1950s. It was named after Emanuel Raphael Belilios (1837-1905), a businessman and philanthropist. See NA26-02 (another photograph of the Belilios Reformatory). Photographs in The National Archives entitled: ‘(1) Panorama of Hong Kong Harbour, c.1860. (2) Group of people attending the opening of Belilios Reformatory . (3) View of Belilios Reformatory, building materials in foreground . (CO 1069/918)’. Crown copyright image reproduced by permission of The National Archives, London, England. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of the information provided. This image may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 4DU, UK. Telephone: 020 8392 5225. Fax: 020 8392 5266. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action.
The Belilios Reformatory, under construction, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Black and white photograph
The National Archives, London