Notes

University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: NA08-070. From an album (CO 1069/431. CHINA 11. Weihaiwei: general views to accompany the annual report for 1903.) in The National Archives. Crown copyright image reproduced by permission of The National Archives, London, England. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of the information provided. This image may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 4DU, UK. Telephone: 020 8392 5225. Fax: 020 8392 5266. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action.  The Queen's House was a canteen and cinema (movie theater) for Royal Navy (British) personnel, on Liugong Island (Liu-kun-tao), Weihaiwai (Weihai).  Previously it was the Office of Beiyang Navy Governor-General, which was built in 1887.  It is now the Sino-Japanese War Museum.  See Ca02-036 and Ru-s001.

Caption on mount
Island Queen's House
Related photographs


Location
Estimated date
1902-1903
Material
Paper
Media
Black and white photograph
Repository
The National Archives, London