Notes

University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: Gr01-101. Post card. The Church of our Saviour was built on the east bank of the Baihe (Pei-ho) River, Tientsin (Tianjin) in 1907, in memory of the 108 Russian soldiers who perished in the Boxer Uprising.  From 1922-1925, the church was expanded and rebuilt as the Church of the Holy Protection.

Caption on mount
Noted Places and Fine Prospects at Tientsin, North China.


Location
Estimated date
1920-1930
Material
Paper
Media
Black and white photograph