The C.H. Wong Photo Studio and shop (Wang Kai 王开照相馆) at 378 Nanking Road, Shanghai, has been active since the early 1920s, and, remarkably, is still in business. C.H. WONG (王炽开 - Wang Chikai - Wang Zhizhong) (1888-1972) manged the studio, which specialised in portraiture, wedding and family photography. Film stars were also photographed, the prints sometimes hand tinted. In 1949, Wang Chikai bought his own generator and installed air-conditioning in the studio. Wang Chikai retired in 1958. The shop includes a small museum. See an image of the studio/shop (Virtual Shanghai ID 2368). See Baidu Encyclopedia entry.