Notes

University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: VH01-042. Bath Royal Literary and Scientific Institution reference: L03826-015a. The Wills’ Bridge (Garden Bridge; Waibaidu Bridge), was built in 1856. It was the first foreign bridge to cross Suzhou Creek (Soochow Creek, 苏州河, Wusong River, 吴淞江). The bridge was named after a British businessman, Charles Wills, of Jardine, Matheson & Co. See VH02-045 and VH02-047.

Caption on mount
Will's Bridge - Shanghae
Related photographs


Location
Estimated date
1856-1860
Material
Paper
Media
Black and white photograph
Repository
Bath Royal Literary and Scientific Institution, Bath