University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: Sw07-152. GW Swire referenced each negative in this album with the prefix G written in India ink. This negative is referenced G100. The album itself has also been archived at some stage with the reference P1/III. SS Tencho Maru was built by the Taikoo Dockyard & Engineering Company, Honk Kong, and launched in 1911. The steam cargo ship was owned by the Japanese company Dairen Kisen K.K. The Tencho Maru was wrecked (ran aground) near Dairen, on 22 July 1936. See Sw07-151, Sw17-003 and Sw17-004.
Launching SS Tencho Maru, Taikoo Dockyard, Hong Kong, 1911