University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: Ru-s001. The men are in front of the Royal Navy canteen and cinema, Queen’s House, Weihaiwei (Weihai). The Queen's House was a canteen and cinema for Royal Navy (British) personnel, on Liugong Island (Liu-kun-tao), Weihaiwai (Weihai). Previously it was the Office of Beiyang Navy Governor-General, which was built in 1887. It is now the Sino-Japanese War Museum. See Ca02-036 and NA08-070.
1st Chinese Regiment soldiers, outside Queen's House, Weihaiwei
Black and white photograph