University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: Po01-056. A fire in one of the cupolas of The Palace Hotel, Nanking Road/The Bund. This view: looking down Nanking Road towards the Bund. The Palace Hotel was owned and managed by Central Stores Ltd., who also owned the Astor House Hotel. The Palace Hotel was built in 1906 on the site of The Central Hotel. It is currently called The Swatch Art Peace Hotel. See Ro-n0371 (a similar view, in 1937).
A fire at The Palace Hotel, Shanghai
Black and white photograph