University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: Pe01-020. The palace was built in 1366-67 and was the primary palace of the first three emperors of the Ming dynasty until the capital moved to Peking (Beijing) in 1421. See another image of the ruined palace gate in 'The Birth of a Republic', by Hanchao Lu (University of Washington Press, 2010), page 179.
Ruin of the front gate of the Ming palace, Nanking
Black and white photograph