Notes

University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: NA23-16. The nearest hill in this photograph is called 'Pak Hok Shan' (白鶴山, White Crane Hill) and the two large rocks on it had names - Yau Sin Ngam (遊仙巖, Visiting Deity Rock) and Kau Yi Shek (交椅石, Chair Stone). See HR01-064 (a photograph of the Lung Tsun Pavilion at the end of the Lung Tsun Stone Bridge) and NA23-07 (another photograph of the Lung Tsun Stone Bridge). From a set of photographs in The National Archives entitled: ‘HONG KONG 10. Photographs of Kowloon and other parts of the New Territories; an enclosure to the report by Stewart Lockhart on the extension of the Colony of Hong Kong, October 1898. (CO 1069/453)’. Crown copyright image reproduced by permission of The National Archives, London, England. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of the information provided. This image may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 4DU, UK. Telephone: 020 8392 5225. Fax: 020 8392 5266. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action.

Caption on mount
16 / OUTSIDE Kowloon City - Pier.
Related photographs


Location
Estimated date
1898
Material
Paper
Media
Black and white photograph
Repository
The National Archives, London