Notes

University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: Gr01-147. Two images on one post card. The International Bridge (Wanguo Bridge), was first known as the French Bridge, and later renamed Chiang Kai-shek Bridge. The bridge was again renamed in 1949: the Liberation Bridge, Jiefang Bridge. The steel, through truss, bascule bridge was completed in October 1927 and still stands.



Location
Estimated date
1937-1945
Material
Paper
Media
Colour photograph